Members: Jack Borchert (Acting Chair), Norm Barg, Kevin Bond, Dan Selles, Charles Henske, Howard Mikkelsen, Rick Steffler (Custodian)
Key Role: The faithful and wise management of the physical resources the Lord has provided.
Key Verse: Ecclesiastes 10: 18
Key Word: Management
Key Question: Are we being faithful and responsible with the physical resources God has provided?
Responsible for: Building maintenance, repair, upgrades, replacement policies, Janitors, rental properties, and security.
Responsible to: The Lead Pastor
Purpose: To manage the facilities and physical resources which God has provided.
Biblical Mandate: Ecclesiastes 10: 18 If a man is lazy, the rafters sag; if his hands are idle, the house leaks.
Spiritual Giftedness: wisdom, helps, administration, and serving.
1. SCRIPTURE For whatever task or activity the specific board engages in, there must be a clear and agreed upon Biblical mandate to undergird and direct their work (Psalm 119: 105).
2. LAW Every activity the board engages in or endorses must be in accordance with the laws of our land. We cannot condone or ignore any activity which is contrary to the law (Romans 13: 1-6).
3. PURPOSE Every activity and decision of the board must be in keeping with the stated purpose of the board. No board should engage in decision-making or activities outside of the parameters of its purpose (Proverbs 19: 21).
1. To manage God-honouring facilities
2. To be fiscally responsible
3. To pursue quality in all operations and decisions
The Operations Board Member:
4. Must demonstrate active involvement in the church
5. Must support the vision of the church
6. Must demonstrate faithful giving
7. The Chair must be a member of the church
Board membership: The Operations Board will consist of an affirmed Chair plus a minimum of four other appointed individuals. They are directly responsible to the Lead Pastor ad are expected to work in harmony with the other ministry boards.
Length of Term: The Chair will be affirmed for a 3-year term and may be affirmed to serve additional consecutive terms. The Board Members may be appointed for a 3-year term and may be appointed to serve additional consecutive terms.