Members: Bob Brown (Treasurer), Connie Denesiuk, Cheri Peters, Cathy Walker, Tom Leckie
Key Role: Stewards
Key Verse: Luke 16: 10-12
Key Word: Faithful
Key Question: Are we being faithful with the resources God has provided?
Responsible for: Tracking and reporting financial information, developing and implementing financial policies and procedures, coordinating budget development, communicating and educating Boards and Congregation regarding financial information, maintaining Legal Society status, assisting in annual review of staff compensation packages.
Responsible to: The Lead Pastor
Purpose: To oversee the financial stewardship of the church
Biblical Mandate: To be good stewards of the money that has been given for the work of Christ: Luke 16: 10-12 "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much. So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches? And if you have not been trustworthy with someone else's property, who will give you property of your own?
Spiritual Giftedness: Administration, wisdom, giving, and faith.
1. SCRIPTURE- For whatever task or activity the specific board engages in, there must be a clear and agreed upon Biblical mandate to under gird and direct their work (Psalm 119: 105).
2. LAW - Every activity the board engages in or endorses must be in accordance with the laws of our land. We cannot condone or ignore any activity which is contrary to the law (Romans 13: 1-6).
3. PURPOSE- Every activity and decision of the board must be in keeping with the stated purpose of the board. No board should engage in decision making or activities outside of the parameters of its purpose (Proverbs 19: 21).
1. Open and honest communication
2. Maintain confidentiality where required
3. Equip staff and boards with financial tools
4. Compliance with all financial laws
5. Analytical review of financial information
The Finance Board members:
1. Must be actively involved members of the church
2. Must support the vision of the church
3. Must demonstrate faithful giving
4. Must not be directly related to the pastoral staff
5. Are directly responsible to the Lead Pastor and are expected to work in harmony with the other ministry boards
Board Membership: The Board will consist of 4-7 affirmed members plus an elected Treasurer. The Bookkeeper will advise the board in a non-voting capacity. The Treasurer & Chair positions may be held by the same person.
Length of Term: The Treasurer/Chair will be affirmed for a 3-year term and may be affirmed to serve additional consecutive terms. The Board Members may be appointed for a 3-year term and may be appointed to serve additional consecutive terms.