YOUTH PASTOR (Full Time)
Mission Statement of Summerland Baptist Church:
Following Jesus Together: Restoring, Deepening, Reaching
We are seeking an enthusiastic and energetic youth pastor with a love for Christ, devotion to God’s Word, and a passion for youth. This person will have a capacity to coordinate multiple programs, events and teams simultaneously that engage both church and community youth.
Flexibility, creativity and collaboration are necessary skills to work alongside other departments. We are looking for someone who can effectively communicate and listen. We anticipate that you will have a vision for the following areas: Evangelism, Teaching, Leadership and Encouragement.
As part of our family ministry team, the Youth Pastor will direct development and growth of Christ-centered programs for middle school and high school youth. We recognize the varying degrees of faith among students and their families. Ministry programs and pastoral care will engage in meeting youth wherever they are on their spiritual journey. This will include supporting and promoting each student to take new steps to grow deeper.
The Youth Pastor will:
• Direct outreach, weekly youth biblically-based studies and special events for youth.
• Lead youth into life-changing spiritual growth.
• Encourage and resource parents to champion their children’s faith.
• Recruit, equip, support and lead volunteers.
• Be committed to a growing personal relationship with God through devotion to Scripture, prayer and church life.
• Have related post-secondary education.
• Have experience working with youth.
• Demonstrate effective team and volunteer coordination skills.
• Align with Baptist polity and theology.
• Pursue a lifestyle that displays spiritual maturity as described in 1Timothy 3:1-13 & Titus 1:6-7.
Accountability and Expectations:
• The Youth Pastor will report to and be accountable to the Lead Pastor.
• The Youth Pastor will be part of a ministry team and will be working with other staff toward the fulfillment of our mission/vision.
Compensation will take into consideration education, years of experience and CBWC salary grid appropriate for the Okanagan.
Applicant deadline: June 20/2019